What We Believe
1. We believe in the plenary, verbal inspiration of the sixty-six books of the Bible. The Old and New Testaments are inerrant in the original writings, and they are the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and practice. We believe that the Masoretic Text of the Old Testament and Textus Receptus of the New Testament are the preserved Word of God. It is our practice to use only the King James Version.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in direct and instant creation that was completed in six literal, twenty-four-hour days. We reject any theory of evolution.
4. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men. This redemption was accomplished through His death on the cross, and was made sure to us by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead. He ascended into Heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God the Father.
5. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration and sanctification, indwelling equally and permanently in every believer and sealing him unto the day of redemption.
6. We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to sinful man by grace and received solely by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. All who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
7. We reject all theories, philosophies, and theologies that are inconsistent with the Bible. We reject the systems of Calvinism and Arminianism. We conclude biblically that Christ died for all men and that salvation is appropriated, by individual choice, by faith in Jesus Christ. We reject an “unconditional election” to Heaven and a predetermined sentence to Hell as being unbiblical. We believe that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit, are the children of God, and are eternally secure.
8. We believe in a literal devil who was an agent in the fall of man. He is presently the prince of this world, but ultimately he will be judged and eternally punished.
9. We believe that a New Testament Baptist church is a local assembly of baptized believers, assembled for worship, edification, and obedience to the Great Commission. Baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper are the only two ordinances of the church. Pastor and deacon are the only valid offices.
10. We believe all believers should honour the Lord by a life of separation from the world’s philosophies and practices. This separation should affect the believer morally, personally, and ecclesiastically. We stand in opposition to the Ecumenical Movement, New Evangelicalism, Neo-Orthodoxy, the Charismatic Movement, and Cooperative Evangelism between churches who are not of the same faith and practice.
11. We believe that the rapture is imminent and will be followed by a literal seven-year period of tribulation upon this earth. This tribulation time will be climaxed by the return of the Lord Jesus Christ to the earth to introduce a literal millenial reign.
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men – the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgement and everlasting punishment. We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell.
All candidates for graduation from FaithWay Baptist College of Canada will be asked to sign a statement indicating agreement with our statement of faith. This is a pre-requisite for graduation.